funny elk story

A place to talk about Deer/Elk Hunting and any other BigGame or Small game hunting Without dogs.
Thouse89
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

funny elk story

Postby Thouse89 » Tue May 05, 2009 12:07 am

Well, it all started out driving around on a known hunting road near bondurant, WY. We had been hunting hard all weekend, hiking with backpacks and bows, not stopping for anything. well, it was sunday and we were all fairly tired, so we decided to road hunt.

After a few hours of cruisin around not seeing anything we decided to go right off the road and cut down some trees for firewood. So travis decided to fall some trees and me and seth decided to make a horseshoe up in the thick timber, hoping to spook out a muley or somethin.

After about 45 minutes of walking, we ran out a cow elk, while travis was still falling trees about 300 yards down the hill. We decided to stop and throw a few calls out, hoping there would be a bull around somewhere. About 2 minutes after the first call, we had a bull talking with us. Seemed to be a pretty decent size bull, so we decided to throw a challenge call out and get him angry.

Not much longer a huge 375plus herd bull comes loping up the trail, red eyed, snot flying everywhere, just straight up mad. I had my bow drew back, and i waited for the perfect oppritunity to loose my arrow. Well the funny part of this story is that it was a downhill shot, and i had never had to do a downhill shot before, so i missed. Well, i technically didnt "miss", My broadhead stuck right in his mainbeam and the arrow shattered. Used to have a video of it, but luckily it was recorded over on accident, for my sake. Just figured i'd share a humiliating story with everybody. It was an awesome hunt, just hope it never happens again. :oops:
House
Grizzly_Adams

Re: funny elk story

Postby Grizzly_Adams » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:56 pm

sounds like my uncle only he hgets the buck fever so bad he doesn't know whaty to do with him self, he knows how to shoot just forgets steps.

they spotted a buck (blacktail) he scopes the antlers to make sure he's good then boom blows off one side of the bucks rack, got so exited he forgot to aim for the vitals.

he's also forgot to shoot and tried to run em down and another time he jacked a shell in to shoot a buck then kept cycling the bolt tell his internal mag was outa bullets..... what can i say he just gets to exited
Im just a misplaced Mountain Man

Return to “Other Hunting”