Long time lurker - new poster

Tell us a little about you and your hounds.
Oldrook
Facebook ID: 0

Long time lurker - new poster

Postby Oldrook » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:03 pm

Howdy folks..

Old coon hunter here with a fascination for all things western, lions and bobcats.. No interest in cutting my hound on a bear or hog, ... Not being uppity, just a bit concerned about cutting an inexperienced dog on something so rough..

I have all my gear, alpha,TT15, truck, boxes, drive track, long range antenna, honda pioneer 1000 with a soft cab.. LOL - everything but a lion or bobcat to chase..

Could all be whiskey talk, but who knows.. I love scanning the pages and watching you all work..
Pagosa
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: Long time lurker - new poster

Postby Pagosa » Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:59 pm

Like yourself I started out coon hunting and running the occasional bobcat in OK. I started hunting in Montana 9 years ago, and had a handful of great hunts with treed game, but lots of long walks or miles driven with not much results.

I agree about avoiding a young dog killed or maimed but in northwest MT I’m way more concerned about wolves. Their numbers have gotten bad. I lost my last dog in 2020 due to getting runned over, and just recently got another pup. So the process begins all over. PM me if you have any questions about running cats, I just haven’t got the treeing part down yet!
Oldrook
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Long time lurker - new poster

Postby Oldrook » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:58 pm

Thanks much Pagosa.. Finally froze in here and can't hunt.. Back to the lurking on the message boards lol...

Return to “Introduce Yourself”