SW Idaho Bear Pursuit Season

Longspring
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

SW Idaho Bear Pursuit Season

Postby Longspring » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:37 am

Hi Idaho hunters ! I'm kind of new here and I hope I'm not over stepping my bounds when I ask if there is anyone out there that would mind racing a few bear with Longspring this summer . I usually hunt Orofino / Weippe , and Valley county ,but due to fuel costs , and me now living in Nampa , I'm not going to get to run as much as I do up there . I'm wanting to run 39 , 32a and maybe 33 , as I have a good knowledge of these units from deer and elk hunting . ( I grew up here.)

I have 2 finished dogs , a treeing Walker , and a redbone . Both females . My dogs have been under a 100 trees or more , and I've been under a couple dozen with them . Bears mostly but they have caught a dozen lions and a good christmas worth of bobs every year . My walker will nail the bobs by herself every time . I also have a Tracker Maxima 1000\5 and 4 Jhonson collars ,with tree switches and new batts and I know how to use them . :lol: Any way , if youre in my area and don't mind a tagalong with 2 serious dogs , let me know . I really owe it to my dogs , to get them out and race . I have run coons and they love it , but bear is what they do . Thanks for reading this long post .
oregonblues
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: SW Idaho Bear Pursuit Season

Postby oregonblues » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:44 am

hey i live in home dale my dogs have not been on bears but they will tree coon and they r full of grit well i cant say they have not been on bears my red bone cross has hunted bears but not for 3 years we lived in oregon for a
while dont have a tracking sys just done it the old way for ever but if you want to get to gether with a new bear hunter I am game or if youn know were good coonin is we can tree them with the best of them
it all about the dogs
Brianshounds
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Brianshounds » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:37 pm

I lived down that way for a while and it is good bear hunting, just be carfull of the wolves had some dogs killed down that way a couple springs ago. but there is big bears the one in the pic below came out of there and it was 7'4" long. good luck this spring!!
Brian Denney
Bearpaw Outfitters
208-682-9999
208-852-6495
Longspring
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Longspring » Sat May 01, 2010 9:45 pm

Thanks Brianshounds ! I actually subscribe on youtube. Ha ! Great vids . Oregonblues: shoot me a pm .I have good coon ground in Parma and some land off Hoskins rd on the river we could run. I have a good line on a couple of good bears to race too . I have room in the box , lets go catch a couple .
"Well ........go forward" -Tom Lewis
BSX02
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby BSX02 » Thu May 13, 2010 4:43 pm

Longspring,
I live in Fruitland and will be picking up a new pup in a few weeks. I am familiar with the areas around Council/Cambridge. If you are intersted in getting together some time shoot me a PM.

Thanks!
Smith's Mountain Kennels
Home of:
'PR' Smith's Mountain Rain
'PR' Smith's Mountain Remington (Remi)
Smith's Mountain Aspen

Return to “Idaho”