What kinda boots?

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

What kinda boots?

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:30 am

So I’ve been wearing Whites boots for work the last 15 years. I’m looking at buying new boots for hunting and due to the new prices of Whites and Nicks boots I’m entertaining the idea of getting some of the new light weight boots that are being made.

Anyone that’s dry ground hunting have a quality pair of uninsulated boots they like? I have tried Kennetreks and didn’t care for them. They were too insulated for summer hunting and just weren’t comfortable at all to me. Made the soles of my feet ache. And they’re only $100 cheaper than Whites boots which are custom built.
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: What kinda boots?

Postby Beebout-it » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:48 am

I wear schnees beartooth 2's for summer and fall. They are not insulated and a very comfortable boot. Just as spendy as the kenetrexs though. Also have baddies that have switched to crispys but I haven't personally tried them.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:05 pm

I haven’t heard of them I’ll look them up, thank you!

So I dug into White’s boots more. They offer quite a few different styles that I never knew about. I emailed them inquiring if they do the same custom build for their other styles as they do the smoke jumper boots.

I was looked into Danner pronghorns but all the reviews from the last two years, everyone is complaining about the new models being too narrow, stitching pulling out and the soles tearing loose.
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:30 pm

Never had danners hold up to hunting in the mountains but when I bird hunted alot they were great.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:07 pm

Yeah that’s not gonna work for me. I wear Whites Smoke Jumpers at work and my only complaint is that they weigh like 2 pounds each. Which is why I’m searching for for something lighter. I bust my butt at work but I would like to make it a little easier for myself.
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:18 pm

Don't think you'd regret giving schnees a try!
Northrunner
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Northrunner » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:18 pm

Zamberlan
Northrunner
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Northrunner » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:25 pm

Finally found them a year ago, best boots I’ve seen. I havnt had a pair of boots last a year until I’ve tried these. Good quality, etc.
I am not a fan of leather boots so all of them are not in consideration for me ever.
Lil Q

Postby Lil Q » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:47 pm

I use Crispy for winter time since we get some snow in the winter there more durable than Kennetrecks but still not please with the way they fit on my instep, I work Wildland fire on the summer time so I still use my JK boot for summer hunting but there expensive and weight the same as Whites, I personally think Whites went down on quality since they sold out,I I wish a JK would make a boot with the same durability as thee fire boots but lighter, water proof and softer soles, till then all stick with the Crispy, if you outfit and get guide fitter app you can get them at discount price. Good luck on your serch.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:16 pm

Notthrunner

Lil Q

Thanks guys, I’ll look them up today!

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogsâ€