Let’s talk.

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Let’s talk.

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:43 pm

I did too and that’s the only reason I was able to get out lol. I have it mounted on a hitch so I can move it to the back but don’t have a long enough power cable. I had to pull the battery and move it to the top of the dog box. But I couldn’t drive the truck while I did that due to a wiring issue I didn’t think about until yesterday. I have to connect the ECM power wire to the power output of the alternator so the truck will stay running with the battery disconnected. I had to winch it out dead in the water.
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:04 pm

Got a skiff of fresh snow monday went out Tuesday and cut 2 tracks 1 a few days old and one fresh, turned out 3 younger dogs and the 2 youngest came out in a subdivision trailing the old track and ran out of snow. My 3yr old i call july treed the fresher track in the high country around 8k ft in elevation alone. Between collecting the other dogs up and getting back as close with the sleds as possible in 3+ft of soft snow it took around 6 hours to get to him and I was extremely surprised he stayed by himself that long. I was a very proud of him to say the least.
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby lawdawgharris » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:23 pm

Awe man that’s awesome. Glad he did so good for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:07 am

Very cool, Joe! Glad to hear they’re doing good work even if the pups took the back trail. The fact they’re cold trailing is awesome in itself!
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:51 pm

They weren't back trailing it was 2 separate lions 2 days apart. That dude dog of mine was the youngest in that race and he was leading it by a long shot. They are all definitely firing very well for me.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:17 pm

Oh shoot, that’s even better!
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby lawdawgharris » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:41 pm

My buddies from Georgia are here. We made three hunts and caught 20 decent hogs and a pile of pigs. I’m real excited about a couple of young dogs. I gave my nephew a young gyp that’s 12 months old. She doesn’t quite have a dozen hunts on her yet. Then today let another buddy take an 11 month old male pup that only has 5-6 hunts on him. Both pups found and bayed their own hogs today. We caught 10 decent hogs and some pigs and they were at every hog. Hunted hard from the time we cast them until we called them in. I was very proud. I will be hunting with them more than not so it works well for everyone.

Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:09 pm

Man thats awesome! Getting on that much game is so great for them young dogs.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:25 am

That’s really cool, Law! I sure do miss hog hunting because of the sheer number of hogs to be found. The action is addicting!
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby lawdawgharris » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:20 am

Thanks guys. The one buddy had never seen it as fast and furious as it was. He said “man, the hog we had caught wouldn’t be tied good or dead yet and those dogs would already be baying another one”. It was eye opening he said. The one buddy has a yard full of the same dogs I hunt. The other one is taking a sister to the young gyp I gave to my nephew, back to Georgia for himself. We had a great time.

Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:54 pm

Law: that’s awesome man! Sounds like you’re breeding those dogs just right.

I finally finished the snow tracks for my 6 wheeler yesterday. My oldest helped me finish them up and we test drove it around the property. It’ll get going about 10-12 mph on dirt but it starts slinging mud around when it get stuck close to 10 mph. Gonna have to get some conveyor belt and make mud flaps.

Now I need to figure out why the spark plugs keep burning out. Other than that it’s just about ready to test out in the snow! If it works as good as I’m hoping then I’ll build a rigging rack and a get one of those aluminum hitch baskets from Harbor Freight to mount up front for storage. Then I’ll start hunting with it!

Here’s a link to a forum where I’m able to post pictures.

https://dezertrangers.com/forum_/index. ... st-4060868
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby lawdawgharris » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:59 am

That’s a cool looking machine and looks your helper was doing all the work. Hope you get the plug issue worked out.

Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:19 am

Law- Thank you! Yeah, she’s the real brains of the whole operation. So I test drove it around the yard yesterday and it just suddenly lost power then died on me while I was giving my brother in-law a ride in it. I think it might be the ignition module
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:48 pm

Definitely cool ride for sure! Went out yesterday and found a track on the first road I checked but our conditions are terrible. Went and got the girls, and brought a cup of coffee figuring it might be a slow grind of a race. Turned out and they treed in 429 yards, only 150 off the road!! :D Got up there and they had a 15 pound kitten in a little new growth pine. Figured i better get them out of there before that little fella got brave and jumped.
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:23 pm

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogs”