Let’s talk.

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Let’s talk.

Postby lawdawgharris » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:38 pm

Lol that little guy was plenty nervous I’m sure.

Two of my buddies from Georgia came and brought me two 9 month old pups and two 6-7 week old pups. We have the same family of dogs and work together on keeping them going. We had a real good time and made three hunts. Only caught 2 one hunt because of where the hogs were when we finally found them. I figured we were going to end up on some property that was hard to access or some that we didn’t have permission on. I think we caught 20 and a bunch of little pigs in three hunts. We sure enough solved a whole bunch of the world’s problems if they would just implement them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Beebout-it » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:17 pm

Honestly I usually see the opposite, those youngsters most of the time either act like they don't have a care in the world or are overly confident and try bailing out and run. Some of my favorite photos are of the young toms treed just barely out of reach of the hounds giving the dogs a look like DONT MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE :lol:
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:46 am

Well I’m 1 - 2. My max has gone to the back burner because the engine is incredibly finicky and I’m done putting money into it. I’m gonna park it until I can rebuild a little kubota diesel for it. I’m thinkin about trying to fix up an old snowmobile to hunt on right now because the crusted snow is making it really hard to get around. I started messing around with it today and I got it to fire up but it won’t stay running. I’m gonna clean the carburetor and see if I can fix it before I fix anything else.
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:08 pm

I've kinda been wondering through your process what you've got into that thing lol conditions are absolutely terrible up here, frozen solid in the morning to mud and flowing water on the roads by noon. Hip deep snow on north slopes and completely dry on the south slopes. Where there is snow its either concrete hard or glass on top and no base below. Very odd year.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:43 pm

Joe:
Conditions are pretty much the same here. Just got stuck this morning and blew up a locking hub trying to cross a creek where it washed the road out. It was pretty annoying and I lost 2 hours of hunting time, getting out.

It’s sloppy muddy on all the roads and getting to be powder dry on the South slopes by 10:00 but they were frozen solid until sun up. I’ve got one dog trying to work out an old track right now but because of the conditions, I don’t know if it was from early last night or the night before. They can’t leave a track when the cotton pickin ground’s froze solid. It’s frustrating right now lol.
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:51 am

Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:23 pm

Another sweet video Joe! I heard your name on Houndsman XP the other day. A kid up in Montana talked about buying a female plott from you that was killed by wolves.
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:33 pm

Yeah poor ol tink met a terrible end. Those guys lost some damn great dogs that day. I've guided in that area for a few years and it is absolutely infested with wolves so its only a matter of time before your luck runs out. Its hard to believe the greenies are fighting to put them back on the endangered species list while Utah went and declared war to wipe out lions.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:19 pm

That’s horrible, I wonder if a guy made an audio recording of hounds treeing and he put that on a predator caller, if he could do any good at calling in those son of a guns…
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:38 pm

Fox pro has it as an option already. I know people are having luck calling but its huge country and most people aren't going to put in the time of tracking them until they are in hearing distance for them to respond. I know a few die hards that get their limit every year by driving till they cut fresh tracks and just walking them down, but also takes serious dedication. Most people just shot them by coincidence I think.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:46 pm

Makes sense, when I retire I’m gonna be like parvo for them. It’s been a long time dream of mine.
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:57 pm

Let me know ill point you in the right direction
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:38 am

Yes sir, you bet!
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:42 pm

My old lady sent me a picture of the huntin truck last night. Not only did I blow up the passenger side locking hub, but I put holes in both rear tires and the front passenger axle seal is leaking… I think I’m being too rough on the poor thing lol.
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:41 am

They say rubbing is racing in Nascar, dirt bikers go with wrecking is riding so tearing shit up is lion hunting :lol: my trucks in the shop constantly, so much so that when I pull into the shop the door opens and whatever they are currently working rolls out the door so I can just pull in. Miles in the mountains are really tough on your entire rig, especially if you drive a ford :lol:

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogsâ€