Let’s talk.

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Let’s talk.

Postby lawdawgharris » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:03 pm

Congrats Rowdy! Kids are the only thing better than dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby lawdawgharris » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:04 pm

I wouldn’t trade my boys for anything except when they are acting like their momma!

Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:42 pm

lawdawgharris: I wouldn’t trade my boys for anything except when they are acting like their momma!

Thank you! Same with me and my girls! lol
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:43 pm

"Spencer" Wooo Hoooo!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

You must be excited for a Rowdy Junior!!!

Thank you! I’m definitely excited. Been trying for 4 years now lol.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:47 pm

The old lady and I filled our first tags. We’re gonna try to go out this Sunday for the last day of the season and try to get our second bucks. Then I’ll be committed to tiling most of the house before Thanksgiving. Hopefully I can get it done in time. Then I’ll be hitting the lions hard all winter. Maybe I’ll get lucky and finish the tiling in only 2 weeks.
Spencer
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Spencer » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:37 am

stay off of the computer and get it done in a week!!

i always get sidetracked on the damn computer so things take twice as long.

BTW, hows the tiling going?
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:23 pm

“Spencer: stay off of the computer and get it done in a week!!

i always get sidetracked on the damn computer so things take twice as long.

BTW, hows the tiling going?â€

I’m tryin, put in 3 days this week. Of course when I pulled out the carpet, I found subfloor repairs that were done poorly and led to water damage. So I had to replace a section of the floor in the dining room. But I was able to prep the laundry room, dining room and kitchen. They’re ready for tile. Next week I will prep the living room, spare bathroom and hallways. Hopefully they’ll go faster since I don’t have to make as many cuts and move appliance around.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:05 pm

Finally made time to go hunting the other day. The dogs needed it bad. Cut one old lion track, too old for my mutts. They trashed once on deer and then settled for a fox. Let them run that track for about 5 hours until they were spent. (They were kenneled for almost 5 months with minimal exercise, due to work.) Then I cut a little fire wood. All in all, it was a good day!
bowieknife50
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby bowieknife50 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:39 am

My dogs have only been off the chain in the yard for 2 months now. Will be another month before deer season is over. They are... enthusiastic... about letting me know it's time to go do something.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:55 pm

Yeah, mine are digging out, digging into the neighboring kennels and barking a lot. They were very happy to go out last week. So happy in fact, I had to force several of them back into the dog box when it was time to go home.
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:08 pm

Mine haven't been out since September when our archery season started, they are absolutely voicing their displeasure at home. Season starts in a few days and we have absolutely no snow and its going to be 60 tomorrow. But ill go and give it a try anyway.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:02 pm

I wish it was easier to post pictures on here. Having to upload through a hosting site is dumb.
I found where a deer hunter dumped a hide and bones after the dogs started a fox and had been running it for a couple hours. There were tracks from what I assume were from an eagle. They were the size of turkey tracks but had talons. And here’s a picture of the lion track. Since I quit Copenhagen, I don’t have a can to use for comparisons. So I used a .22 air rifle pellet container. I use that for dispatching yotes that I trap.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/yScR5zj
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:11 pm

Seems like 99% of people on here, are only here to post the new litter of shit eaters they’re trying to make money on.
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:46 pm

Lol I agree lots of people only post when they have puppies for sale. That looks like a good size lion track. Curious how often your dogs leave a cold lion tracks for a hotter fox, if I were to allow mine to chase fox or coyotes I don't think I'd ever catch a lion.
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby lawdawgharris » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:23 am

Lol Rowdy, there aren’t many talkers for sure. Too many people can’t accept the difference in others taste in dogs and too many wear their feelings on their sleeve. This is the recipe for pi$$ing matches and hard feelings more times than not. There is a jacka$$ that just tries to stir stuff sometimes but you just gotta learn to ignore them. I love to talk dogs. I love to pick and make an attempt to be funny. I’m aggressive by nature so I’m not built to jaw back and forth. I worked for the prison system too long to understand that people are one way behind a locked door and another way when there’s nothing but air and opportunity between you. Keyboard warriors are much the same and ruin these type of sites. I’m not Mr Bad just not afraid to stand up for myself. There’s always somebody badder and there’s always another super dog out there. I hate that more of the older hunters don’t engage in these conversations. Many people complain about the way many hunters do things, or about different dog issues, etc. The way I see it is the veterans are in like a parental or grandparent role. If you don’t teach or at least attempt to, then don’t complain, be it on here, another site, or under your breath. Learning things the hard way is fine but it’s also the slowest way. Some people might call someone a know it all, but most people understand the difference between a blow hard and an intelligent individual that knows what they are talking about. As I’ve said, I hog hunt but I can learn from new dog people to the most experienced and from any discipline. I wish more of the breeding strategies, hunting strategies, training strategies, feeding and health care, etc. was commented on by some of the people that have been in it for years and years. There are more individuals out there than we think that are 70+ or in that neighborhood that have been dogging in some form since childhood or birth. There’s no way they don’t have things to offer us. Heck even if it’s just about the difference in dogs then and now or the how they hunted and old hunting stories.

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogsâ€