Kennel train hounds

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
canadianbgrunner
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Kennel train hounds

Postby canadianbgrunner » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:32 pm

Looking for some suggestions on how to train hounds to be kennel quit. Please help
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Kennel train hounds

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:57 pm

A switch and consistency when you tell them to be quiet. If they don’t listen, go out there and operate that switch and do it every single time or they won’t listen.
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby lawdawgharris » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:24 pm

Bark collars are the easiest. If you have several then do it one at a time. You can also use your Garmin and bump them. I’d start by telling them to get out. If they don’t shut up then I’d bump them and increase the stimulation until I got the result I was looking for. If you can let the other dog out while you keep one kenneled it’s a little faster process just because most of them, especially young dogs are going to want to get out too. This teaches them discipline for home and the woods. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lil Q

Postby Lil Q » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:23 pm

A water gun works good but you have to be there to enforce the behavior, I bought a Barkblaster product the work good but it doesn’t reach to all my kennels and kind of pricey for what you get, is hook up the a water hose and is voice activated, when the dogs bark it beeps and start spraying water, but I can’t have it in the winter if water freezes, I like to find a better sprinkler system to be able to reach all my kennel without having to buy multiple BarkBlasters, maybe some here has a better sprinkler system.
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Beebout-it » Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:06 pm

Its a never ending battle i use to have it completely under control, I use a combination of me correcting it when I'm home and bark collars. I only use the bark collars when I'm not home if u leave them on all the time they get sores. The best thing I've found to keep a quiet kennel is hunting them as much as possible, tired dogs don't bark in the kennel :lol:

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogsâ€