? abought field trials

blueliggs
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

? abought field trials

Postby blueliggs » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:48 am

Any of u go to any field trials , r thay all for coon and do thay have any thing for lion hunters just wondering.
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: ? abought field trials

Postby Dale T » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:52 pm

For the field trials that we put on, we use coon scent for the field trials and bear scent for the bear race, the only one that I've been to that had a lion race was in Utah, it was about 4-5 miles long , the guy that layed took 4 hrs to lay it and not one dog made it.
Ignorance and not getting involved is the biggest enemy to a Houndsmen!
blueliggs
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby blueliggs » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:13 am

now that sounds like a workout lol, So do thay turn all the dogs out at the same time how dos that work.
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dale T » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:44 am

We turned about 40 dogs loose at the same time and they scattered know body at the start knew were the track started and we had dogs going in every direction, there was guy there from Idaho that didn't find his until Sunday night, I had to climb a 30 foot bluff to lower 4 dogs down, mine went about 1/2 way then ended up back in camp, they had to hold the field trial a couple of hours until they had enough dogs to start the field trial because they had there Lion drag before the field trial on Saturday morning, it was a experience.

The bear race we had at the Elk Creek field trial was ran Saturday night after the field trial under lights, we had 81 dogs with a $1000.00 split for the first 3 line's and trees.
Ignorance and not getting involved is the biggest enemy to a Houndsmen!
blueliggs
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby blueliggs » Sat May 01, 2010 1:34 am

lol thats too funny, i have to check a field trial out that sounds like a lot of fun. any of u cat hunters in wyo want to get together and put one on.

Return to “Wyoming”