Getting started on coon hunting

Talk about Coon Hunting
scott wallace
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Getting started on coon hunting

Postby scott wallace » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:08 pm

K_canterbury I think I would way rather hunt with you than coon slayer. I have been coon hunting for a while and trained dogs both ways. Time in the woods makes a dog nothing else. I am can't wait to here how school goes in Michigan.
scott wallace

Postby scott wallace » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:09 pm

K_canterbury I think I would way rather hunt with you than coon slayer. I have been coon hunting for a while and trained dogs both ways. Time in the woods makes a dog nothing else. I am can't wait to here how school goes in Michigan.
cfanno01
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby cfanno01 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:32 pm

Just contacted the DNR on the issue because I don't want anyone to run into legal issues... It is unlawful for a nonresident to train dogs on coon, bear, bobcat, fox, yote, and opossum in MI, with the exception of a designated field trial essentially. Basically sounds like everything you would train hounds on is illegal for nonresidents. Training dogs on birds, etc are open to nonresidents... during the training season of course.
Coonslayer101
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Coonslayer101 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:52 pm

Coonslayer101
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Coonslayer101 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:56 pm

cfanno01
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby cfanno01 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:57 pm

I'll still go get my free lesson I am looking forward to it. I nvr questioned your ability and i always enjoy seeing good dogs at work. I was letting u know what's legal so u didn't get blindsided if you were out with your dogs...
Bneill
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Bneill » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:42 pm

Coonslayer why don't you put your real name on the board and get out from behind your bogus handle on here. Let's hear who you REALLY are. Your from Idaho right?
Tanner Peyton
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Tanner Peyton » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:40 am

Hey man, I didn't get a chance to read all the post. But I did get a chance to read the first few pages. Jeff and David give solid advice. You can't go wrong with mentors such as them greats. They are true houndsmen legends. Second, don't listen to that other guy. I grew up in Colorado and I have yet to step into the woods with another hound hunter. Not a sole ever ran coon where I was at and I didn't know the first thing about running hounds. But I had fun and made a lot of mistakes. There was so many nights I came home with a soar neck from lookup up slick trees and legs played out from chasing hounds that were chasing deer. Hahaha, anyhow i had fun and in less then 15 years I was walking into 400 some coon trees a year. I guess I'm saying that being self taught isn't such a bad thing, I turned out ok. Anyhow maybe tomorrow l try and read the rest of this thread. good luck dude and be sure to tag that ding a ling with a pic of your girls first coon.
k_canterbury
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: RE: Re: Getting started on coon hunting

Postby k_canterbury » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:46 pm

Tanner Peyton
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Tanner Peyton » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:37 pm

Hey man no problem. One last thing I think would help your traning a bunch. Take that shock collar and light yourself up with it on the throat. And do it on every level you plan on using on the dogs. Shock collars a one of the greatest inventions to hit the training world. But I sometimes wonder how many good dogs were ruined by hot heads. Just something to think about.
k_canterbury
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby k_canterbury » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:14 pm

Ran a coon last night with one of my girls and my daughter she done good coon ended up going into a hole in the ground not sure how deep the hole was not able to see coon for pics but did see the tracks going into the hole and could hear it growling in the hold my hound done great set up trail cam and coon came out about 3am this morning had a blast and my daughter had a blast mom wasn't happy we got home about 11:00 but we'll worth it had to tell my daughter since she was up way past her bed time she had to be good today so far we're good so she can go again

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Bneill
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Bneill » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:59 pm

That's way awesome man. I started taking my daughter when she was 5. She's 11 now and never misses a trip out hunting. It's the highlight of my hunt, as I'm sure it is for you, and that's the way it should be. Sounds like the hounds are picking it up good too. Keep putting them in good situations to succeed and have a blast with your daughter. Congrats on your catch. Keep it up
Coonslayer101
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Coonslayer101 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:50 pm

Oh here k_cantcatchacoon goes again pretending to be a coon Hunter just roaming around in the dark no pictures it didn't happen probably not even a coon in the hole just heard what happened wanted to. Probably just a pole cat what only one dog did you finally get a little smarter since last time I was on and sell one worthless hound when will you learn your not a coon hunter, leave the kid at home if you insist and are bullhead and going anyway at least she won't grow up and ruin dogs like you. Get out of it you won't make it even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again. I bet your out telling everyone your a true blue coon hunter top notch houndsmen now ran one coon that you didn't even see mind you. Ladies and gentlemen k_cantcatchacoon is Colorado's greatest houndsmen​ read all about it. There I will help you out and help toot your horn. What a JOKE!!!!!
raisinriver
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby raisinriver » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:25 pm

Somebody get this guys kicked off the site what a clown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mike gagne
raisinriver redbones
martintown ontario
canada (613)528-7556
Coonslayer101