Coon hunting supplies

Talk about Coon Hunting
trentonmoore292

Coon hunting supplies

Postby trentonmoore292 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:06 pm

What is the best beginner supplies for coon hunting on a budget? I can’t afford all the best high tech equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rossco
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Coon hunting supplies

Postby Rossco » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:37 am

That's the best part about coon hunting when it comes to being young and broke. It doesn't take much to be successful. All you need is a dog and some sort of flashlight. Just get out and hunt and enjoy yourself. The more you hunt the better both you and your pup will get. And don't be afraid to go during the day. Just figure out where the coons in your country like to lay up during the day and have at it. Check briar patches and things like that where a coon can get itself mostly hidden from the sun. Once your pup starts putting 2 and 2 together about going in those places to find them things will start to happen. A tracking system will come in handy as soon as you can afford it. It doesn't have to be top of the line, just get what you can and gradually improve from there. The biggest expense for most houndsman is feed and care for the dogs and fuel to get you to where your hunting. It may not seem like much, but it adds up quick
Last edited by Rossco on Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is hard, its harder if your stupid." John Wayne
Rossco
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Coon hunting supplies

Postby Rossco » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:48 am

Oh and a lead may come in handy. But you can make one out of just about anything. One that you can tie your dog back to a tree is best, but you can make any sort of leash work. I've even used my belt a time or two.
"Life is hard, its harder if your stupid." John Wayne

Return to “Coon Hunting”