Bobcat hound states

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
KnobleHill

Bobcat hound states

Postby KnobleHill » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:03 pm

what states are best for running bobcats? im in TN but don't mind to travel and give it a try... one of those things on my list I always wanted to do..
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Bobcat hound states

Postby david » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:20 am

You have a bunch of bobcats in your state. A lot of rocks though, so it’s tough. All across the south bobcats are packed in more tightly than just about anywhere else that I know of.
And there are not a ton of bobcat hunters. Everyone is busy running deer. If you can get into any of the huge timber company lands all across the south and Southeast you have a good population of bobcats. The other place is the Northwest, and only Oregon allows bobcat hunting with hounds. But there are lots and lots of bobcat hunters there.

If you want to hunt snow, there are some cats in the Rocky Mountain states, but nothing like the numbers in the South. Some are not friendly to non residents. like Montana does not let us in at all if I understand correctly, and Idaho you have to be drawn in a lottery.

You could spend the rest of your life hunting your state and neighboring states and stay very busy. You might have to buy memebership to get into the big timber lands though.

Good luck and have fun.
Foxhuntercrazy

Re: RE: Bobcat hound states

Postby Foxhuntercrazy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:58 am

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”