Not climbing?

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Not climbing?

Postby Beebout-it » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:45 pm

Caught 2 bobbers yesterday, 1 was just a little bitty kitten that climbed a huge fir tree. Turned out on a completely snowed over track around noon and the dogs ran it great and got it jumped and it got into a creek right beside the road we turned out on and just started running the brush like a rabbit. Plenty of trees to climb but eventually the dogs killed her on the ground. Haven't had that happen a lot but been a few recently and just curious if anyone has an opinion on what makes 99 percent climb and that 1 percent that just refuse?
WalkerCurCat
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: Not climbing?

Postby WalkerCurCat » Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:35 pm

I wouldn't be able to give an opinion from experience but if I had to guess I would say natural selection. Congrats on the run!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
al baldwin
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby al baldwin » Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:04 am

Always been a mystery why some refuse to climb, do know from experience you can make those kind by jumping them out and course not harvesting.
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Beebout-it » Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:46 pm

Al definitely have created a few females that will not tree by jumping them out as few as just 1 time. This cat wasn't one of them. I just don't get them staying on the ground with trees all around. May need to learn to speak bobcat to figure it out, wonder if babble offers a course :lol:
WalkerCurCat
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby WalkerCurCat » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:50 pm

Best thing about runnin hogs! Best 1 I've seen run em, we would joke about Bandit speaking pig Latin to em cuz once he had em stopped they were stopped in a trance. It was WILD

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby lawdawgharris » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:48 am

These non-climbing cats have a disease. It causes them to be more afraid of heights than hounds. It’s called puss-itis and is very contagious. I know several people that have contracted it.

Lol, of course I’m BSing you. I
Don’t know any more about cats than I do women except cat hunting is cheaper. I have cat hunter friends and I’ve heard this topic discussed several times and they still don’t have an answer either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”