Fallon area .

justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Fallon area .

Postby justahunter » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:11 am

I know nobody gonna tell me exactly where to go but I am working in Fallon and plan on hunting around here this winter. Was wondering what lion hunting is like around minden gardnerville area ? Also silver springs area? Anything good towards Austin ? I know the Elko area good and Stillwater range clan alpine area real good. Just looking for info on suggested areas above. I am open to hunting with someone ? Any info would be appreciated.
Hunt hard cull hard !
JTG
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Fallon area .

Postby JTG » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:19 pm

There is a geo-thermal plant just outside Fallon, you can see the mountain range from that plant. It is very good lion hunting. There is a couple of private cattle ranches that border that range, one rancher enjoys hounds and I have not spoken with the other. If you can hunt off of those ranches it will save you lots of time because you can drive to the mountains. You will need a horse or a mule either way if you hunt that area. The Elko area is also very good, you can drive the shoulders and look for tracks and rig out of the box. It's good all the way from Fallon to Elko at least it was around 15 years ago.
justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Fallon area .

Postby justahunter » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:04 am

Got smart and moving back to Idaho . Nevada sucks haha just kidding but really it does compared to Idaho .
Hunt hard cull hard !

Return to “Nevada”