Septic system for kennel

poolecw

Septic system for kennel

Postby poolecw » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:55 am

I'm looking for ideas for building a septic type system for my kennel. I want to use a 55 gal drum but in not sure about where the drain holes should be cut. Also, I've that some eople cut the bottom out of the drum and layer rocks in the hole prior to setting the drum in it.

...any ideas?
dan kluthe
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: Septic system for kennel

Postby dan kluthe » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:58 pm

Check out this following site about 2/3 the way down.

http://www.gundoghousedoor.com/articles ... design.htm

I read your note above and remembered I'd read about this in Gun Dog magazine years ago. So, I put in a google request of "gun dog magazine septic system" and it looks like there may be other sites there to look at also.
larry
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby larry » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:02 pm

instead of the perforated pipe and rock look into infiltrator chambers, no rock required, just drop em in the trench and bury, alot less time consuming, 3 or 4 chambers should do what you need. Far as cutting the bottom out of a barrel, you would basically be making a french drain in doing that, and it would not last as long a septic system that seperates the solids from the liquids.
Redneck
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 1748571075

Postby Redneck » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:03 am

if i ever get around to doing this im going to run the dog kennel straight to the sewer line from the house easy disposal
After the tail gate
drops the bull shit stops ,
you run em hard tree em harder
livetohunt
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby livetohunt » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:28 am

[quote="Redneck"]if i ever get around to doing this im going to run the dog kennel straight to the sewer line from the house easy disposal[/quote]

That would work fine as long as you were on a city type sewer line but I wouldnt do it if you had a septic system with tank for your home. The extra water from washing down the kennels also the differences in ph levels and in solidity with the dog doo would cause you lots of trouble.
George Streepy
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby George Streepy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:30 pm

It wouldn't be so great if the utility district does their periodic smoke test on the city sewer and see smoke coming out of the floor drain of the kennel. Hello civil penalties!!!
Patrick
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Patrick » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:40 pm

If you are going to try and dump on the City system, consider putting traps just downstream of your kennels and use the pipe at least enough to keep it flooded. The water seal will prevent the odors, roaches, and maybe the smoke from exiting the drains.

The utility doesn't like getting such loadings, but in the big picture they are the best place to handle the waste component. The bigger issue is all the storm water they get from such drain connections, and running all that rainwater through the treatment plant is the most expensive way to handle stormwater.
clarasmithh001
Facebook ID: 0

Postby clarasmithh001 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:23 am

Very interesting post. I think it is useful for many clients. Thank you for this information.

alastairwhite7
Facebook ID: 0

Postby alastairwhite7 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:50 am

It is the work of professional who have experienced of handling septic system repairs, installation. If you fix it wrong then this will create problem in future or to solve that then more money is spends. provide any kind information about septic system repairs, installation, inspection and pumping for this visit our website
dogn
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby dogn » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:07 am

in all the kennels i have seen i have not seen a kennel nicer than mine and it is a very simple just pipes with holes in them put in a trench aproxmentaly 3 to 4 ft deep with concrete chunks all around the pipe ran the pipe up were i wanted them witch was in every kennel poured concrete up to the pipe sloping the concrete to the pipe put grate cover it . I then pick up the solids dump the solids in a trash bag hose out the kennels once a week and scrub with soap or bleach my kennel do not stink

Return to “DIY (Do it Yourself)â€