wolf news

Please Link any Hunting Related news Articles that you would like to share.
Forum rules
It is your responsibility to Insure that credit for the Author is given, Preferably a Full link to the original Article.
doug
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

wolf news

Postby doug » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:09 am

007pennpal
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Location: Oregon, California, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Montana, Indiana, Ohio, BC

Re: wolf news

Postby 007pennpal » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:35 am

My wolf story-

My brother in law, who was 16 at the time, and I were hunted by wolves when I was 19. This was in the year 1989. We hiked back into a muskie lake near the Minnesota / Canada border. We got dropped off by boat via a big lake and the plan was to hike a couple miles into the small muskie lake. Our plan was to be dropped off in the middle of the day with plenty of time to hike, but we ran into beaver marsh after beaver marsh. never making it to the lake by nightfall. We camped next to a beaver dam that was a land bridge and game trail connecting two peices of dry land. I remember commenting on bear tracks as we crossed over the dam.

In the middle of the night a pack of wolves came in to investigate us. They circled us calling to each other. I never saw more than one wolf at a time but by their calls I could tell there were at least four. We had no flashlight, no gun and the only knife was a small fillet knife. We were told that wolves sometimes visited the area but were rare. We had a campfire going but not too much wood collected. The pack circled closer dashing in and out of the fire light. The two of us boys stoked up the fire. We had a problem. Collecting firewood was scary cause we used all the wood in the circle of the light. If we let the fire die down, the wolves would press the light circle. I tried to fashion a torch but with limited success. It kept burning out. We did our best to dash out and grab some firewood. We'd yell and throw stuff at the shadows running around us in the night. The trees growing around us were maybe big enough to tree yourself. It never came to that, and I'm glad I didn't have to find out how high a wolf can jump or how many I could fight off. We just sharped sticks to fight with and had a sleepless night earning our firewood.

The pack moved off before first light. There was no question in my mind that those wolves wanted us for dinner. I guess we passed their test of easy prey.

I'm for killing all the wolves within a hundred miles of a road.

Sean
Sgt. Michael's Kennel
Lead The Way
503-510-2910
seancmichael@aol.com
COOTER
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby COOTER » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:05 pm

SHOOT them before they get to oregon.
007pennpal
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Location: Oregon, California, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Montana, Indiana, Ohio, BC

Postby 007pennpal » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:54 am

Wolf reintroduction is stupid. Its like rattlesnake reintroduction in city parks.
Sean
Sgt. Michael's Kennel
Lead The Way
503-510-2910
seancmichael@aol.com

Return to “News Events Articles”