Blk-n-Tan X Walker hunted this cross and what to expect..

A Place to Discuss Grade and Mixed Breed dogs
southwestwalkers
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000302850031

Blk-n-Tan X Walker hunted this cross and what to expect..

Postby southwestwalkers » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:37 pm

I'm guessing the treeing and speed of a walker and nose of a blk-n-tan...if I'm lucky :D
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God - 1 Corinthians 1:18 (NIV)
Jeff Eberle
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Blk-n-Tan X Walker hunted this cross and what to expect..

Postby Jeff Eberle » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:45 pm

One of the best cat / Bear dogs I ever had Bred by Boone Shocky. This is just one of the many bears she treed by herself

Get JESUS In Your Life & Your Dog's In The Wood's

CLAVEY RIVER CUR'S
southwestwalkers
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000302850031

Re: Blk-n-Tan X Walker hunted this cross and what to expect..

Postby southwestwalkers » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:53 pm

Thanks for getting back Jeff. It will be interesting to see how he pans out in the next year or so. So far so good. I'm working on him knowing his name, coming when he's called the basics etc. He's a hand full.

He's gonna be a big boy I'm guessing right around 70 pds. He's using his nose already..
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God - 1 Corinthians 1:18 (NIV)
Conejos
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: Blk-n-Tan X Walker hunted this cross and what to expect.

Postby Conejos » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:27 pm

Robb I had a great dog that was bread that way. Very inteligent medium speed and pretty good nose. It would be nice if you could get the best of both breeds out of a cross like that but who knows. All I can say is the one I had was my favorite dog.
"True success is being able to move from failure to failure never losing ones optimism" Thomas Edison
Dan V
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Dan V » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:18 am

Jeff Eberle,

I have heard some good things about Boone Shocky dogs in California. I have heard they are very succesful at catching game, but I have not hunted with any.

What can you tell me about them?

Dan
Jeff Eberle
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Jeff Eberle » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:51 am

[quote="Dan V"]Jeff Eberle,

I have heard some good things about Boone Shocky dogs in California. I have heard they are very succesful at catching game, but I have not hunted with any.

What can you tell me about them?

Dan[/quote

Dan

Boone is 82 or 83 yrs old .still has dogs and still catching game not going to trees any more but still loves to hunt & Listen from the truck and get the young guy to go to the tree. I've know him over 20 some years. His bloodline goes back 50 t or - yrs. Now they are crossed with Steve Matthes blood. Boone is one of the most humble & honest men you will ever meet And one of Califs Best dog men and it has show in his dogs for a long time. I think and most that have hunt with him do too that his line of dogs are some of the best cat & bear dogs their is if you are not hung up on paper and full blooded dogs. Boone has bred the best too the best for years. They start early and don't look back. Grit, Heart, Brains,cold nose, tree power no quit and some of the best Locate dogs When I say early starter They will show you what you want to see from weeks old. Boone has always said that a dog should be half worn out by 1 1/2 to 2 yrs old not just starting. Most of Boones dog are catching game at a 1yr old The walker in them goes back to Bob Marosok dogs yrs ago and the B&T blood I don't Know As you can see I think pretty highly of the man as do all that know him
Get JESUS In Your Life & Your Dog's In The Wood's

CLAVEY RIVER CUR'S

Return to “Grade Dogs”