Why a x breed

A place to talk about coyote Hunting with dogs
macedonia mule man
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Why a x breed

Postby macedonia mule man » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:53 am

Andyva, I’ve been a member of the same club for the last 35 yrs. it basically a dog running club. Somebody is running something 24/7 year round except during turkey season. I think it would be safe to say the deer kill per year since it was formed back in the middle 80s would be better than 40 on only 5000 acres. They have been at it since the middle of Nov. this year and it takes very little time to jump a deer. Each year is just as good as any other. This club has proven dogs don’t have any lasting affect to movin deer off property.
dbljr1967

Postby dbljr1967 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:08 am

My reason for crossing breeds or walker types would depend on what your goals are for a hunting dog. I won’t go into details about what the different combinations bring to the table. Regardless, I don’t think you can get the best of all worlds with a cross. My way of thinking is that you get one specific thing you’re after for a certain game you’re trying to hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andyva
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Andyva » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:19 pm

Macedonia mule man, I know that, and you know that, but try telling it to the guy that moves to a deer dog state from up north and puts a food plot and a tree stand in the middle of his five acres that is wedged between two thousand acre deer club leases.
macedonia mule man
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby macedonia mule man » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:45 am

Andyva,we have people like you are describing all around us and the will definitely shoot a deer in front of the dogs when the opportunity arises

Return to “Coyote Hunting”