Something for you New Mexico hunters

Postby Irish Jack » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:31 am

Cowboyvon
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Something for you New Mexico hunters

Postby Cowboyvon » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:47 am

Yep and I still keep an eye out for some of it .. maybe one of these days lol
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

Henry David Thoreau
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Mike Leonard » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:48 pm

A lot of unanswered questions about this whole deal. First off Doc is up on the hill poking around looking for a deer and he moves a rock and the next thing he finds gold bars, right? Well later you find he had to scale down in and around Big Rock and crannies to get where the gold was hidden. Now think about that he just happened to be up there with his rifle and hunting knife and next thing you know he is scaling down into this deep crooked hole with no light or maybe a pack of matches and finds GOLD! HMMM? I have been down there hunting before and let me tell you I would have to see gold bars from ground level before I would crawl in a hole with the size of the snakes and crawly things they have in those parts!

He enlists help, and some local guys says let's blow the hole and bring out the mother load and then seals it off. Later Old Doc gets shot in the back down in Hatch and nobody goes to jail.

Not long after discovery late 30's the Trinity Nuclear test takes place spitting distance away, and the place is crawling with media and military for years, but they still let Doc's wife and later Sonny boy, poke around in that hole under close supervision for a long time however it was later revealed that the military had been in there doing their own digging and we know they had the best of the best to do what they did. And finally they just booted them out seized their equip. and sealed it off.

Where do you reckon all that gold is today? I bet it is a long ways from that pile of rocks in the stretch of god forsaken desert down there.

Great story though.....
MIKE LEONARD
Somewhere out there.............
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:29 pm

Seeing those Wheat Lights on the belts/hard hats of those miners sure jogged a bunch of fond memories. Those things were a high quality, long lasting product. We sure put them to the test, and they passed with flying colors. I noticed how the leader/expert had cut a slot for the cord in the brim. Makes me want to try that, lol. But I will probably never use a hard hat light again.

It Was an interesting story that I had never heard about. I would love to even see a bar of gold like that. Such a mystery; where, who,why, how long ago, how was the gold refined and transported? From where?

Amazing.

Thank you.
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Mike Leonard » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:26 pm

Some believe that Noss found the treasure of Don Juan de Onate, who, in 1598, founded New Mexico as a Spanish colony. Seeking out the Seven Cities of Gold, Onate was said to have been a cruel man, brutally subjugating the Indians to do his bidding by beating and torturing them. Reportedly, he amassed a treasure of gold, silver and jewels before being ordered back to Mexico City in 1607.

Although this video did not elaborate Noss was supposed to have found 20 plus human skeletons bound and tied in the cave. These likely could have been some of the Indians subjugated by de Onate.
MIKE LEONARD
Somewhere out there.............

Return to “General Forum”