Winch for front and rear reciever

General DiscussionForum
Rossco
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Winch for front and rear reciever

Postby Rossco » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:57 am

I am setting up a new hunting pickup. One of the things I am thinking of doing is building a front bumper with a receiver tube in it. My thought is to have a winch that can be put into the receiver, that way you can pull straight from the front or the back. If anyone has done this set up, how did you like it? Was it truly beneficial? And what are all the positives and negatives you have found with it?
"Life is hard, its harder if your stupid." John Wayne
Jeff Eberle
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Winch for front and rear reciever

Postby Jeff Eberle » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:42 pm

I have my truck set up like this, but I didn’t make a front bumper, just fab a custom receiver that fit in between the front frame rails like the back one does. And made my own cradle for the winch,And have had to move it to the back more then once and it saved the day. I set my truck up like this because I like to hunt alone and need to be self efficient. Now my truck is for hunting only I don’t use it for anything else other then a trip to the Vet, So I don’t care how it looks as long as it performs. Only disadvantage on the way I have my set up is the winch sticks out in front of the bumper and is unprotected If I hit something or something hit me.
Get JESUS In Your Life & Your Dog's In The Wood's

CLAVEY RIVER CUR'S

Return to “General Forum”