Perception

General DiscussionForum
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Perception

Postby pegleg » Sat May 30, 2020 2:24 am

So I brought a hound down from northern Utah over the weekend and got home early Tuesday morning. Knowing the changes ahead I took a dog crate for inside the vehicle not a dogbox. There was MTN rain and snow Saturday where the dog was located and here it's hovering at the 100 degree mark. Expected some acclimation lag. So since Tuesday I've been keeping a eye on the dog and bringing her with me wherever I go and making sure the heat is minimized some. Overall dog has done well been out early riding and in the evening not stressed. But from noon to 4pm staying home so the dog has access to the barn and porch as needed.
Well ran into town today and was surprised by a rain storm. My dog boxes are solid roofed and 16 inches up from the bottom and the remainder is expanded metal screen to maximize air flow/shade. For the first time I wasn't thinking about the possibility of the dog over heating. And this woman comes and tells me she has a plastic trash bag for the poor pooch...
I don't know what she really had in mind with the trash bag a vest maybe? Now the only part of the dog even moist was her face where she kept sticking it in the mist and it's still a bit above eighty degrees. 40 degrees warmer then the temperature at the exact moment she loaded in the SUV on Sunday. And the first time during 9 am to 7pm the dog hasn't been panting and hoping from one foot to the other surely wishing she was somewhere cooler.
Poor damp cold doggie or relieved she might not have landed in hell like she's been thinking?

Perception keep it in mind when dealing with the public.
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Perception

Postby lawdawgharris » Sat May 30, 2020 9:01 am

Pegleg that is exactly right! I tell these young guys around here all the time about hauling dogs around that are injured or posting pics that MIGHT be misinterpreted. I especially stay on them.about pics that don't have to be misinterpreted but are part of it sometimes. Not everyone understands or wants to understand. Heck, half the US thinks steaks, pork chops, and chicken wings are grown right there at the store where they bought them. It doesn't even dawn on them that it came from real ani.als that the good Lord put here for us. I wish just once that one of these vegans could experience a spinach leaf screaming please don't eat me, they'd starve to death. Our world is getting weirder by the minute and it isn't in our favor. My girlfriend grew up country but has lived in the city since graduating high school. She has a husky/malamute cross that thinks she doesn't have to listen to anything she doesn't want to. My girlfriend will get mad at her but she doesn't do anything about it because she doesn't want to "hurt" the dog or her "feelings". She can tell her 5 or 6 time to do something and if the dog doesn't feel like it she just turns her head and ignores it. But as soon as I give her that TONE, she hurries up and does whatever told. She still loves me, she still wants to be around me, and she doesn't flirt much for fear of being beaten, but she knows who the pack leader is. Our nation has gotten soft and turned into bleeding hearts because everything is too easy and too convenient these days. Our ancestors weren't nearly like this and it's because the had to hustle and scrape to make it. They lived with the first hand knowledge of how nature works, be it the food chain or the concepts of animals. I had some friends that noticed their cattle were upset and running around one afternoon. Their land bordered the highway. They go to see what's happening and there were 3 or 4 college kids (boys and girls) on foot chasing them. They asked them what they were doing and they said "we've never seen baby cows before and we just wanted to pet one"! They don't realize how lucky they were to have chosen that gentle set of cattle, lol. I know some cattle that would have been in their hip pocket for messing with those calves. Lmbo, that is exactly honest though. They had never been out of the city limits to experience anything with nature. Most likely they have a dog or cat at home or even both and both are probably 15 to 20 lbs over weight and gonna die years sooner than they should've and be crippled up from bad joints too, all because they love them to death. I don't know what we are gonna do, but we have to careful for sure about making it easy for people to perceive things wrongly.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Return to “General Forum”