What happened?

General DiscussionForum
Dan V
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

What happened?

Postby Dan V » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:20 pm

I’m curious about the lack of activity on this sight compared to 10-15 years ago. Is it other social media platforms? FB, Instagram etc?
whitedog

Re: What happened?

Postby whitedog » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:03 am

Been a long time sense I've been in here. Looks slow. Getting sick of all the cry babies on facebook. Thought I'd stop in.
justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby justahunter » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:02 pm

Fb is full of a bunch of whiny people including almost half the hound guys. Got off it for good. Starting to use this site again.
Hunt hard cull hard !
rum3002576
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby rum3002576 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:36 pm

Facebook killed a lot of forums
Rickylane06
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Rickylane06 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:05 pm

I been off the facebook awhile and needed a way to reach out to hound guys as Im just getting started in the sport. But hell its like a ghost town on here no one replys
Rossco
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Rossco » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:30 pm

There's still a decent number of people on here every now and then. I thinks the ones that like to spend all their time on the internet are doing Facebook. The ones that are left here don't play on the internet too often. Or don't write too much, just like to read what other people are putting on here
"Life is hard, its harder if your stupid." John Wayne
Northrunner
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Northrunner » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:22 pm

New generation likely on Facebook n what not.

Seen quite a few ppl on here sell out because of age or that time of life etc..
I have definetly noticed it myself though for sure.
In my general region the sport itself has really exploded, everyone all sudden is buying dogs and garmins...posting there pictures on Facebook,etc.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:01 pm

I deleted my FB a few months ago. Only on here now. It has been pretty slow. I try to get on every other day or so. I’m currently on the side of a mountain, hunting. I’m melting snow to water my dogs since I ran out last night. Probably the last snow we will get for the year.
Spencer
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Spencer » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:49 pm

No Facebook for me. I stop in here now and then to see what's new. I prefer these forums to FB anyway.
tjsna
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby tjsna » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:45 am

I'm going to say FB killed this site. I am here for the first time in 6 years...Damn it doesn't seem like it's been that long . Plus I done got old and the guys I ran with got even older. Younger gen doesn't even have any interest in dogs even as they where raised around dogs their whole life. But I am back and trying to get re-engaged in running dogs. Hope to chat with some of you in the future. Tim
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby lawdawgharris » Thu May 20, 2021 9:14 am

FB is a big part of it but not the only reason. Dog men no matter what preferred game we hunt, should stick together and support each other. We are definitely dinosaurs and will be extinct one day. I’m in no hurry to get there. Too many people hate on each other because they hunt a different style, a different breed, or even a different species. We get on here to share stories, techniques, philosophies, and get advice from fellow hunters when our dogs are sick or injured, and even when we have a hiccup with a dog or a pack that we haven’t been able to hurdle ourselves. Everyone isn’t as knowledgeable or as experienced or as good a dog person as others, but everyone has something they bring to the table even if it’s what not to do. We are all grown and share the same passion. There’s no reason we shouldn’t get along even if we disagree. Myself I’m not wired for a bunch of trash talk and especially not over the internet. I don’t want to read it between anyone else either. If you don’t like someone’s ideas or ways then just don’t comment. Real hunters can decipher between BS and fact. This site and our dogs are our escape from life’s drama, why bring it here. Some will say “well I call a spade a spade”. That’s fine but it doesn’t have to be a soap opera. Momma always raised us with two sayings. First she’d tell us “if you don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say anything at all”. The other was”treat people the way you want to be treated”. If we divide our troops we lose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Forum”