Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:02 pm

Nope, picture uploading didn’t work…
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Max 2 utv

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:04 pm

I picked it up and messed with it a little. I put a new battery and fresh fuel in it. She turns over but isn’t getting a spark. Gonna have to tear into it a little more.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:09 pm

I forgot about this thread. I’ve been working on it a bunch lately. I installed an electronic ignition, a new carburetor, choke cable, throttle cable, chain tensioners, drive belt, wheel spacers and a few other small things. The last couple weeks I’ve been building snow tracks for it. I’m using old snowmobile tracks, made the tire guides out of aluminum angle and built some hinges to mate up the tracks. I haven’t finished the tracks yet. I should have them done tomorrow if I make time to work on them.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/Rms7CQj
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:21 am

Looks like you'll be able ride right to the tree in that little tank!! Haha looking forward to some action photos
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:18 am

I sure hope it at least gets me up and down the roads! It’s a bunch of fun to drive. I have plans to build a cab, push bumper with a winch and a flat bed with a rigging rack. Then it will also need good lights for night hunting.

I’m fighting a spark issue right now. I put a brand new spark plug in it but I think it’s a bad plug too because it’s not firing. If I disconnect the coil wire and wedge it 1/4” off the top of the plug, it’ll start up and run. As soon as I touch the coil wire to the plug, it dies. If anyone here has experience with a problem like that, I’m all ears.
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:34 pm

Wish I could help but when I have mechanical problems I drop my stuff off at a professional. What kind of speed do u think u can do with those tracks on it? I believe in fluffy snow your going to want that cab sooner than later.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:04 pm

I’m just too much of a cheap skate to pay someone to do something that I can figure out on my own. I would probably have it done and be using it already if I had payed someone lol.

There are a bunch of videos on YouTube of other people with tracked Argos and Max’s. 20 mph is common. But the engine size really dictates the top speed. There’s people who race them and go 60mp without tracks. That’s plain scary to even think about ha ha ha.

Max II with tracks:
https://youtu.be/BR5-WgWfgVM

Racing Max II’s:
https://youtu.be/bBPNW3iGwtg

I think this one with the smallest engine they came with, will go around 10 mph on flat ground over a solid surface. I anticipate somewhere around 5 mph in the mountains and on soft snow will be my top speed. Once I upgrade the engine and put a cab on it, I’ll be able to go faster due to not freezing my butt off. I’m really only looking to be able to get into more places and not go fast right now as I will just be trailering to the impassible roads. I’m sure that will change though.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:07 pm

Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:14 pm

Well jumping and racing that thing just looks miserable haha
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:15 pm

Yes sir, no suspension ha ha ha it’s basically like driving a skidsteer. Bumpy as heck. So that’s why I’m putting tracks on mine for snow hunting and that’s pretty much all I think I’ll be using it for. If I ever take up duck hunting it will probably work good for that too.

Return to “General Forum”