junk 40's

This is an area for Helping with Garmin Questions, Any posted References or posted Advertisements for selling Products will be removed. This is not a Place to Post your items for Sale, or Ask where to buy products.
houndsman2
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 1567393227

junk 40's

Postby houndsman2 » Sun May 20, 2012 10:02 pm

well guys i'm 3 of 4 new 40's that are junk. i get a new one back after sending them in and 2 times out on the yote hound and the pos wont work anymore. wtf is up wiyh garmin. they need to get there head out of there a$$ and do something. i am sick of this crap every time i go to use them. they charge then turn on and stop working. why would you take a bullet proof thing like the dc30 away and replace it with junk like this? there going to hear it from me in the morning this is unreal. sorry just needed to vent
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: junk 40's

Postby mark » Mon May 21, 2012 2:14 am

I know what ur saying. Same thing with mine. I sent them back and had them updated,still garbage and they didnt have but a couple of hunts on em. I had Buddy W. update them and one worked and the other didnt. Put new antenna on em and they both work fine now. You might try the tuff skin antenna and see what happens?
zachvu
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby zachvu » Mon May 21, 2012 12:35 pm

They either work unreal good (picked up some at 3.8 miles last weekend with stock everything) or don't work at all! I got one a month ago that wouldn't take a charge, turn on, or anything else. Shipping them sucks, but at least they're good about sending replacements...now if you could just happen on to one that works!
"Copper has treed quarry"
slowandeasy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby slowandeasy » Mon May 21, 2012 1:40 pm

what i am going to say won't help very much but i guess i'll say it anyway. i have owned wildlife materials equipment since Bob Hawkins started the company, i think it may have been in his garage :lol:. the people that work there now probably even don't even know who the hell he is. the other company i really like is tracker :D . in fact just had a maxima and two collars get here today :D. although i also have a 320 and dc40 and will probably always have it and a collar or two, and enjoy them a great deal. i must say the only time i have ever had to leave a hound with (OLD BEEP BEEP) is when i made a decision on my own to come back the next day. and in 47 to 50 years have never not been able to locate a hound due to equipment failure when i cam back to round them up. point being the gps is wonderfull. but for the beginer you can really manage really well with OLD BEEP BEEP. and when you have the extra money than you can get the chew toy for houndsmen. as in reality just like the old dog has a chew toy so do us houndsmen. take care!
Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty

Return to “Garmin Astro Help Topics”