DC50 periodically loses communication

This is an area for Helping with Garmin Questions, Any posted References or posted Advertisements for selling Products will be removed. This is not a Place to Post your items for Sale, or Ask where to buy products.
Beardawgs
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

DC50 periodically loses communication

Postby Beardawgs » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:32 am

This DC50 is brand new, used it a couple days to road the dogs. Had it on for about 4 hours today and twice it lost communication, there was a ? on the map. After 15 or 20 seconds it will pick communication up again at full bars. Both times the collar was within 20 feet of the 320. I just updated the 320 and the collar, but I noticed it at least once before the update. It always picks up communication again but I worry about when the dogs are out a couple miles and not right in front of me. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Wide Open!

North Idaho Big Game Hounds
B/T
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: DC50 periodically loses communication

Postby B/T » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:21 am

Not of any help but my alpha system does the same thing and the dogs are right beside me.
Beardawgs
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Beardawgs » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:30 pm

I just roaded the dogs for about two hours and the same thing happened several times on the same collar, then the used 50 I just got and the brand new T5 did it once a piece. Starting to wonder if I'm going to regret selling my DC30's & 220.

B/T,

Have you had this happen when the dogs are a ways away from you? I'm wondering how that's going to work when the dogs are out a couple miles, if one loses comm., how hard will it be to pick it back up?
Wide Open!

B/T
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby B/T » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:28 am

Beardawgs
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Beardawgs » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:25 pm

A friend suggested doing the "Identify Dog Unit" with each collar. That seemed to fix the problem, I hunted about 4 hours today and never noticed any of the collars losing comm. Wasn't paying a whole of attention to the GPS though because I never turned lose, still a little early in the unit I hunted.
Wide Open!

Return to “Garmin Astro Help Topics”