Dropped a signal

This is an area for Helping with Garmin Questions, Any posted References or posted Advertisements for selling Products will be removed. This is not a Place to Post your items for Sale, or Ask where to buy products.
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Dropped a signal

Postby Gary Roberson » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:29 pm

I hunt 6 dogs on my Alpha 100 using the TT 15 collars. Last night one of the collars dropped a signal. On two occasions, I removed the dog and tried to add with no success. This morning, I updated the collar, replaced the antenna and unplugged the battery and plugged it back. The collar is blinking green as it should but just not putting out a signal.
Any ideas????
Adios,
Gary
Jeff Eberle
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Dropped a signal

Postby Jeff Eberle » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:37 pm

I would look for a small hole in the flat black sleeve that the collar run through that go to the gps on top of the collar . All it takes is a small hole had the same thing happen once after catching a cat on the ground and it bit the collar
Get JESUS In Your Life & Your Dog's In The Wood's

CLAVEY RIVER CUR'S
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Mike Leonard » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:07 pm

Gary,

I had a similar problem with one of mine. I have been putting them on my hunters when I have them on a stand so I can keep track of them if they try to wander off.

I lost track of one guy and I re-set it that night and the same thing happened the next day, and he was not on the stand. Sure glad the shock function still worked.

I found him!!!!!!!!

Mike :lol:
MIKE LEONARD
Somewhere out there.............
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Gary Roberson » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:09 pm

Mike that's a great idea. Wish we would have had this new equipment back when Phil Lyne and I were outfitting! I can see where it would also work well when you have a hunter that is moving around too much or making too much noise.
Adios,
Gary
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Mike Leonard » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:31 pm

Gary,

Do you reckon old Phil would punch a button or two? LOL!!! :D
MIKE LEONARD
Somewhere out there.............

Return to “Garmin Astro Help Topics”