please help squeakin fox

A place to Talk about Fox Hunting and Running Dogs.
undertheradar
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: please help squeakin fox

Postby undertheradar » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:47 am

ban the call, then people will actually go to the fox hunters for fox problems = more land to hunt.
stevemac
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 100002530954394

Postby stevemac » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:00 am

my son and i went out friday night and stood in the rain for 2 hours whistling a fox that sat out in the paddock about 300 yds we were not able to convince him to come in. so ended up stalking him with the dog to about 150 yds out then slipped the dog. After a good run up and a short course the dog had him nailed. was happy with that so packed up and headed home.
hillbilly boy
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby hillbilly boy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:53 pm

just wondering was it a sight hound you were using I have wanted to try hunting with sight hounds but because of the land we hunt a lot of cover and Hill's we don't have a lot of open country but I have want back and forth wondering if call them in could work
stevemac
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 100002530954394

Postby stevemac » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:53 am

Sorry just found this Hillbilly yes I hunt with greyhound xes stags are better than greyhounds for close country but all sight hounds need to be bought up to close country as an uneducated dog will kill its self on the first obstacle.
hillbilly boy
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby hillbilly boy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:54 pm

Ok how would you recommend bringing them up what would you say they would need to know which most of the time around here the game is pretty close by the time you can see it the only two problems that are stopping me is being able to keep the dogs under control unit it was time to let them go and the biggest one is the open spots are so close I don't know if a very fast dog could really be on one before the game got into cover and get away every time the two reasons I have wanted to get into sight hound hunting is a lot of stuff I read about it said that they catch clean or miss clean so no wounded game getting away and diein slow also I like the old ways of hunting my family is Scottish and Irish and it would be kind of cool to do it kind of like my people did in the old days so any information or ideas you could pass along would be great also you said something about running a greyhound stag x and that a x would be better than a pure blood for close runs know do you think it just the stag x that would do or have you seen other x that would work for what I am thinking for thanks for the help have a good one

Return to “Fox Hunting”