G.S.P and G.w.p

A place to Talk about Fox Hunting and Running Dogs.
hillbilly boy
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

G.S.P and G.w.p

Postby hillbilly boy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:30 am

I have been reading about the v-dogs breeds and found that one of the game animals that both the G.S.P and the G.W.P was breed for was the red fox I was wondering if anyone on here has used any one of them for fox I talked to a guy one here that had a g.s.p that would go after fox if he happed to find one and he said the dog would catch or drive the fox to the den and a guy in George that bred g.w.p that he regale hunted coon fox bobcat and coyote with and without more than two dog with a good amount of time the dog would catch them or the guy would get a shot at them so wanted to see if anyone used this for fox hunting
Jeff Eberle
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: G.S.P and G.w.p

Postby Jeff Eberle » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:25 am

I have a 1/2 GSP 1/2 Walker , That just turned 2 that's hard to beat in a Grey Fox race . I bred him to one of my Leopard cur Walker crosses. Regretting that I promised 2 buddy's pups out of this cross , because I'd sure like to keep them all. But he came from a full GPS sire that will run track and tree.
Get JESUS In Your Life & Your Dog's In The Wood's

CLAVEY RIVER CUR'S
hillbilly boy
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: G.S.P and G.w.p

Postby hillbilly boy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:35 am

Do you know if the sire was used on fox or other furbears I was interested to find out because I read in Germany they were used in fox hunting and big game hunting as well as bird hunting and a few times I have heard of them being used for fox and coyote over here and was wondering in what way they are used

Return to “Fox Hunting”