Let’s talk.

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Let’s talk.

Postby Beebout-it » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:22 pm

My boy went a lot when he was little but now with sports and school and friends he doesn't go as much. I still love the days he comes though!
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:00 am

Nufo
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Nufo » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:43 pm

Good looking dogs Joe!

I got out this morning. Hope you guys don't mind hearing about my progress and lack of success.

With the conditions still not good (no new snow). I decided to get to some higher country and took Rubi and my pup Fern. I figured I would cut Rubi by herself if I cut a track. No fresh tracks. We Made it to the end and where the snowmobile trails start and took both dogs for a hike on the trails. I figured it was a good opportunity to introduce the pup to some tone/recalls and used Rubi to help her with it. We hiked a few miles and had a positive training experience. I made sure to not over do it and toned her 4 times total with lots of praise.

I usually don’t like to tone rubi because it makes her stay to close to me and not get off the road and hunt. That was the case today between grab ass with the pup, tone/recall training and some deep snow rubi stayed on the road and with in 200 yards all day. It was some steep nasty country and I was kind of thinking it would be a shit show if she struck anyway so it worked out.

I have a 4 day weekend and I’m really hoping we get some snow tonight. If we do I’m heading back to try and find that bobcat.

Mike
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby lawdawgharris » Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:39 pm

Anytime you can get out and enjoy the dogs it’s a good thing. Your time spent will be rewarded. Wish more people do what you’re doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:21 am

Its great everytime you get to get them dogs in the woods, they are always learning something out in the hills. Hopefully u get some fresh snow so u can find a track and work them on it knowing that they are on good game. The problem with free casting her at this point is its very hard to know what she's running and u don't want to encourage that pup to run trash. Law you been catching a ton of bacon?
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby lawdawgharris » Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:50 am

My buddy from Washington state was here a few weeks ago and we caught several. The last hunt we made, my buddy and youngest son (12), the weather had been bad. It rained side ways with the thunder and lightning during the night. We loaded up and cast my Ava and Outlaw dogs around 1pm. Maybe 10 or fifteen minutes after we we cast them they were bayed about 8-900 yards from us. By the time we got over there they had a little sow caught. As soon as we put hands on her both dogs relayed and within a couple minutes were bayed again. This hog didn’t want to stay put. He would break and about every 75 yards they would have him stopped for a maybe a min and he would break again. The direction he was going I had a pretty good idea where he was trying to go. He finally hit open pasture and the race was on. He made it a few hundred yards but it was his mistake. When we got with in eye shot we could see them circling him. He had decided he wanted to come back to the woods he had just left and they said no ya ain’t! It was good watching. They would take turns swooping in grabbing him in the back end. They had this sucker so tired that he was standing finally. He was sucking wind hard with ole mouth wide open and that ole thick frothy slobber all around his mouth. He got a pretty good shot on my catch dog when we sent him but he’s good now. The hog weighed 200+ with pretty good teeth, 2+ inches. That isn’t massive but for sure a man when they get to that 200 club. Haven’t been able to hunt since. Dog was healing, ice storm came and caused a bunch of damage, or I’ve been sick. The nephew and I made hunt yesterday on the same place and found the only hog on it, another good boar that weighed 221 pounds. We caught and tied him, got him loaded and untied and called it a hunt. Our young dogs did really well.

Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:21 am

Sorry to hear you been sick! Sounds like dogs are still getting plenty of work! https://youtube.com/shorts/FQYzhqVaCUQ? ... IECMiOmarE
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:47 am

Your dogs look like they’re dialed, Joe!
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby lawdawgharris » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:45 am

Good video I sure like ole Dude!

Sick is a part of my everyday life, just sometimes it’s worse than others. But… it could always be worse! At least it’s me and not one of my loved ones and especially not one of my kids. I have an intestinal disease that is very rare. I couldn’t win the lottery but I won this, go figure. It’s said that the good Lord doesn’t give us more than we can handle so I take it as a compliment that he thinks me so strong lol.

Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:22 am

Law if you don’t mind, what do you have? When I was 10 I caught giardia. I’m told it’s only supposed to last 3 weeks or so, but the strain I caught never went away. I had it for 2 1/2 years until I was finally diagnosed and treated. It almost killed me. I was skin and bones, spent 6 months in the hospital during those 2 1/2 years. Now I have a real sensitive stomach due to the scaring. Can’t hardly eat spicy food and too much coffee is dangerous….
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby lawdawgharris » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:51 am

Rowdy sorry to hear it. It took 2 years to figure mine out after numerous doctors and wrong diagnosis’s. Ended up hospitalized like you and everyone from my doctors to me and my family thinking I was checking out. A feeding tube is all that saved me. The nerves to my esophagus, stomach, and small intestines are dead so I have little to no motility. This leads to numerous problems. The distention caused by the weight of food just sitting on my stomach causes a constant belly ache. The food sitting also causes the body to produce excessive amounts of acid plus it creates a bacterial overgrowth. The acid keeps you raw inside and will likely cause esophageal cancer or cancer to some portion of the digestive tract. The bacteria also adds to the distention by the gases it creates along with chronic vomiting and diarrhea. The bacteria also gets a lot of the nutrients that my body needs. This creates the sensation of being hungry all the time because your body is needy. The bacteria also causes my blood sugar to bottom out. This to me is one of the worst parts. It will drop to the point of causing me to pass out sometimes. Even when it doesn’t get low enough for that to happen, it still hammers me. I won’t hardly be any good for the rest of the day and when it’s bad it may take days to recover. I wake up many nights aspirating. That acid in your lungs burns and stinks and it’s hard to cough up. I spend many hours in the rest room sitting on the toilet with a trash can or bucket in my lap. More times than not the vomiting causes me to bust blood vessels in my face and eyes. It has affected my vision. It sucks but you have to be strong. I couldn’t let my parents or my boys down by letting them see me be a sissy. The absolute hardest part is to see the look of worry in my loved ones eyes when I can’t hide how I’m feeling. You just gotta try and be a positive example of how to push through and preserve. I have strong faith in God. I don’t think he exists rather I know he does.

Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:41 am

Damn buddy, that’s rough! I thought my sensitive stomach was bad. That’s definitely way worse. Not that I was trying to compare, just acknowledging it. I hope it doesn’t lead to cancer for you man! That’s just a wholenother level of crappiness.
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby lawdawgharris » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:16 pm

We all have our problems or issues. It’s all about how we choose to deal with it. I pay attention to my body all day everyday, but I don’t worry about it if that makes sense. Worry breaks down the immune system. That’s one reason I believe so many good people get cancer and the POS’s don’t. The good worry about bills and the well being of others while the sorry don’t have a care in the world. I’m not scared of dying because of my relationship with God. That being said I’d like to see my boys married and here with all my loved ones enjoying my dogs as long as I can. I think we all probably feel that way.
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:19 pm

Thanks guys! That's definitely rough spot bud but with an attitude like that i don't think anything can whoop you sir!!
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby lawdawgharris » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:33 pm

I sent that video to my nephew last night. I had to show ole Dude off. He’s purdy!

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogs”