Gantte or Botkins?

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
bearbredplotts
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Gantte or Botkins?

Postby bearbredplotts » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:43 pm

does anyone know of these bloodlines? right now i have 3 stiles males and 1 lynn sires female. they all pull hair.
i have the option to get a young male with heavy gantte bloodlines, i just need more info if anyone can help out.
Smiley
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

If

Postby Smiley » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:53 pm

If you go to smithdealsociety.com you should be able to get contact information for Charles Gante . Maybe someone here will be able but if not go there .
Probably enev find out about styles to.
bowhunter7
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby bowhunter7 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:10 pm

I have talked to Charles on two occasions and asked him about his line of dogs. They tend to be a little larger than a few of the other lines of plotts and he doesn't breed for super hard tree dogs. He feels this causes more problems than it's worth in a pack of bear hounds. I've heard many people praise these dogs for bear and hog. There is a bear dog in NC, I believe, that is a superstar, Gantte's Rolex. At the moment I can't remember who owns it. Charles is in TN and most of his dogs stay down that way. There is a guy in WV with Gantte dogs and few others strung out here and there. Charles has a couple of litters on the ground right now, but they may all be spoken for. Most of his pups are booked up a year in advance. I don't know anything about Botkins.

Jim
beardog-treed
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby beardog-treed » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:37 pm

Rodger Botkins runs Gannte dogs. He has been running and breeding this line for many years. He swearers by them.
LARSENS BLACK BEAR KENNEL & SUPPLY

GREG LARSEN

1149 BURLINGHAM ROAD

PINE BUSH, NY 12566
Eric BEck

Postby Eric BEck » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:39 pm

Return to “Plott Hounds”