question on breeding

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
cooner78

question on breeding

Postby cooner78 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:40 pm

Is the william Reddick line of hounds out of Illinois bred for coon or are they better at treeing other game? I have a plott male out of his line of Dogs!! He will tree a coon but I sometimes wonder if he really even cares!! His pedigree shows pochahontas and Ponderosa and maybe weems not sure!! I wonder If he would make a better bear dog!! I know he don't care for cats because my Black and Tan will run a cat till its dead or loses track!! He won't tree with her on it!! He has treed fourty times for me in three months ten slicks and the rest were dens and coons!! If somebody would want him I have papers give me a ring 1-260-445-6099!! I paid 350.00 for him not alot I know times are tough!! I would trade him for guns, recurve bow, traps, or a feist puppy!! I am an honest christian I have been burnt won't burn no one else like to keep good name!
plottpappaw
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: question on breeding

Postby plottpappaw » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:54 am

I have plotts and for coon i would suggest william reddicks pups out of simba for coon but with the weems and pocahontas your looking at a big game breed pup! Plotts can make coon dawgs but their heritage and origins are for big game! A plott coon dog is few and far between! I have a friend who may be interested! But i myself am in process of swapping over to b@t due to nose and a few other things!
eph 2:8-9
nmplott
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby nmplott » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:51 am

if you want a plott coon dog go with reddicks line or the cannons lines out of kansas although a lot of cannons dogs I have hunted with can catch cats with the best of them.
www.arrowbarkennels.com
Home of Plott hounds and American Bulldogs
plottpappaw
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby plottpappaw » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:18 pm

SImba is out of garrisons brindle ranger who's uncle's are kansas sizzlin heat and sybert and otto's sarge so simba would be what your looking for bit i have one thats half heat and another is 1/4 heat and they do well on bear also!
eph 2:8-9
cooner78

Postby cooner78 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:38 pm

My dad showed him a squirrel tail today and he went ape!! he will tree a coon but it just seems like he is going thru the motion ya know what I mean. Thanks for the info fellas!!
Plott Proud
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Plott Proud » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:10 am

cooner78 ~ How old is he?

Irv Corbin ~ Rebel Pride Kennels
"Home of the Rebel Pride Plotts"
cooner78

Postby cooner78 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:47 pm