best coon light

Talk about Coon Hunting
coontail
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

best coon light

Postby coontail » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:33 pm

I have a tritroics night razor and my wife wants one but they dont make it anymore. What would be a good light that doesnt weigh much, is well balanced and can be bought on a soft cap. With yalls recommendations i will check to make sure it can come on soft cap and then lean towards the lightest one. Thanks
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: best coon light

Postby Gary Roberson » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:31 pm

I have two of the TT Night Razors and love them. I hate they are no longer in production. They seem to last forever on a charge.
Adios,
Gary
coontail
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby coontail » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:43 pm

yep. night razor is a good light. i called conkeys and they told me about b and k hunting supply and they make a light similar to the night razor. the battery and light is all in one.
carl
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby carl » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:19 am

I have a laser torch 2 that is a decent light seems to last a long time on a charge. Only two settings dim and bright. Very tight spot though. Just bought a boss bump cap light from conkeys. I've yet to hunt with someone that has a brighter light. I'd recommend one and I usually don't recommend much. 5 settings on it and number five will find any coon. Semi tight center spot and then a huge band of light around it. For 150 dollar light I don't think you will find one better.
T.R.
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby T.R. » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:37 pm

I have a nite razor i sure like it but i wouldnt recomend buying one if theres any left out there. I lost my craddle for the charger i called everyplace that i could find and garmin to try to find another. The people at garmin were helpful and even looked online for me the lady said they get alota calls from people looking for parts luckily i found the craddle. My buddy has a laser torch it seems to be a good one he likes it. Laser torch will be my next light.
Sask_matty
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 583510057

Postby Sask_matty » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:25 am

I just bought a cap light from Star Hunting Lights in Kentucky. Battery on the back of the cap. I am used to a hard cap but they make them in soft cap as well. I am thoroughly impressed. I have to charge the dog collars (DC40, DC50 and T5) before the light needs to be charged (just to give you an idea of battery longevity when choosing their small battery). It doesn't weight much. The only downside is that the switch is on the battery (back of head) where my old likght the switch was on the light itself (forehead); however it doesn't take long to get used to.
Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Goose » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:45 pm

I lost my cradle also and looked all over and finally found a pet supply store that still had some in stock, grain valley pet supply maybe , I could be wrong, I had to order a whole new light just for the charging cradle, now I carry one as a spare, I'm going to look into seeing if an electronics store could possibly make me a customized one.

Return to “Coon Hunting”