last night !

A place to Talk about Fox Hunting and Running Dogs.
southern fox
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 100005518713786

last night !

Postby southern fox » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:38 pm

had a big rain here yesterday even, temp been hot and steamy through the day, few days last week hit 97 degrees, hot and muggy, fox hunting aint been much, but last night after the rain came and went I decided to give it another try, been striking a few but being time of year, and hot and humid as it has been dogs aint doing much maybe an hour or to, if you lucky, or prob wont do anything at all ! last night got down there about 10 put dogs out and trotted for prob 2 hrs, abt 12 or so they got to smelling something in the road ahead of me , but couldn't see a track to tell if it was a fox or cat, area I was in has a few fox on it , track was cold as ice, dogs couldn't half smell it with only 3 giving any kind of tongue on it, and that wasn't much, abt 20 mins went buy and the young dogs started coming out , went on up the road ahead of me , few mins went buy, heard one squeal a alittle, wasn't just a min heard another, the the whole bunch was there, knew it was maybe an hour old cause hadn't been long and I had been down that road, and wasn't long it was on, bushes were wet dogs didn't get hot and fox had to run, all over that place they ran mr fox, up and down the roads , all over they ran him , they jumped him about 12 45, caught off him this morn when the sun was coming over the trees .
henpeck
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

last night !

Postby henpeck » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:34 am

Nice !!!
Dads dogboy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: last night !

Postby Dads dogboy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:48 pm

Dog Feed just got cheaper!

Congrats on doing it when Scenting is tough.
C. John Clay
diamondctv@aol.com
870-223-2063
scrubrunner
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby scrubrunner » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:22 am

Congrats Southern Fox, I know it feels good to finally have a good race this time of the year after going for a while without one, maybe it's a sign things will start picking up a little.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:24 am

Thanks for the story. Love it.

Return to “Fox Hunting”